Fabric Care Guide
Shipping & Delivery
We use DHL Express services for all international shipments, to ensure your order reaches you as quickly as possible.
You will be provided with a tracking number to trace the location of your order, once it's being shipped..
DHL shipping charges are calculated based on: Total weight of the items you've ordered, and your shipping destination.
Applicable customs and import duties and taxes may be charged after the parcel arrives in its destination country. These charges must be paid separately by the buyer. Please note that your parcel may be opened at customs for inspection.
Send your items back within 60 days after the date of shipment for a full refund. All returned items must be in their original, new, unworn and perfect condition with tag, as well as the original box and delivery package, including all accessories and documents.
Send your items back within 60 days after the date of shipment and we will send you out something new. All items you wish to exchange must be returned in their original, new, unworn and perfect condition with tag, as well as the original box and delivery package, including all accessories and documents.
Unfortunately, we are not able accept any return if the item shows signs of wear, or has been used or altered from its original condition in any way. Personalized, engraved or embossed items, cannot be returned for exchange or refund.
All Sale items sold are final sale items. As such, only exchanges (no refunds) are allowed.
Please understand that all TaiBaan handicrafts are 100% handmade, as such a 5-8% diversion in colour and size from the specifications could be expected.
Simply send it back to us for a full refund or exchange, and we'll take care of your shipping costs.
- Send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain return shipping instructions, Customer Return Form and a Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA).
- Prepare your item for return along with its original packaging, gift boxes, tag, invoice, Customer Return Form...
- Send it back to us.
We'll take care of your shipping costs, if it's due to incorrect, defective or damaged items. Otherwise, you'll be responsible for paying the carrier directly for return shipping costs.
- Be sure to inspect your items promptly upon receipt for shipping errors or defects.
- When requesting your refund or exchange, please be ready to provide us photographs clearly showing the problem with the item.
- If you believe your item was damaged during shipping, we will need photographs showing the damaged packaging to process your exchanging or refund. Alternatively, you can inspect the item in front of the delivery person and if you find that it was damaged during shipping, you can reject it.
- Contact us to receive a Return Merchandise Authorization Number (RMA) before returning your item. Returns lacking a corresponding RMA may be delayed or returned to you.
- Unfortunately, we cannot be responsible for the return item lost in transit or not delivered to us.
- We inspect all returned items within five (5) to seven (7) business days of receipt.
- Most refunds are processed within seven (7) to ten (10) business days of receipt.
- Refunds will be issued in the original form of payment.
We take website security issues very seriously and deploy the latest industry-standard SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption to protect your information. All communications on our site is secured, as indicated by either a padlock or solid key icon in your browser window.
Secure payments can be made using any major credit card, without the need for a PayPal account. PayPal provides secure transactions with automatic fraud screening, 24-hour transaction monitoring and Buyer Protection program, to keep you safer.
Yes, you can.
Here’s how it works:
- You enter your name and shipping address.
- You’re prompted for your credit card, email address, and phone number (optional).
- After reviewing your information, you may choose to save your information by creating a PayPal account to make future transactions faster.
- Signing up for a PayPal account is now optional.
Yes, you can.
However, we'd encourage you to create an account to have your information and order history saved for your best online shopping experience.
What people say...
Great store with amazing products made by special people. Some of the prices are higher than in other places and I do understand that these products benefit less fortunate people. Some products are very unique and the customer service e from the lady at the store was superb and paramount to the success of the place. Short walk from most hotels and worth a visit.
I've looked around for a souvenir to take home that would remind me of my magical holiday in Laos. After looking through dozens of shops I found Saoban. They have beautiful items and I found a stunning silver ring. another reason why I decided to buy from Saoban is because it's a social business that works with traditional Lao artisans to promote Lao village crafts. Now I'm reminded of Laos every time I look at the ring!
This store featured products from local villages from all over Laos. The relationships made helps connect travelers with the goods created by artisans all over the hillsides. This has a widespread benefit for all those involved. Saoban is a responsibal partner and a legitamate vender to choose.
Lovely handcrafts made by local women with profits go to support disadvantaged communities. The design and quality are much better than those found in the night market. Excellent place to stock up on souvenirs in Vientiane.
I've visited Saoban in both visits to Laos, and came home with beautiful handicrafts. The store is part of a nonprofit that supports rural women, and you can be sure the goods are authentic. It is expensive, so you might shop here and learn about the range of handicrafts, and then make the bulk of your purchases at the night market, but I felt good about paying a premium here.
Saoban is a great place to get some souveniers/presents to take back home from Laos. They have beautiful handcrafted products; silver, silk, scarfs, bags, jewellery made out of UXOs mm.. Saoban get all their great products from traditional artisans and try to create employment opportunities for especially women, and reduce poverty. Saoban = excellent handicraft for a good cause - recommended!
Saoban has a beautiful selection of scarves and other crafts that come from villages in rural Laos and ensures that the artisans receive a fair price for their work. Some products are made by people with disabilities, others by women who are exiting from prostitution. Prices are reasonable. It's a great way to buy souvenirs and support a social enterprise that is promoting livelihoods of Lao people.
The shop owner works with many local fair trade organizations and village people to get their handicrafts for sale in order to help improve their living standard. Great products though a bit expensive.
Beauty scarves and handicrafts. Especially unique are the items made out of UXOs (spoons, jewelry, pendants). I visited twice during my time in Laos, highly recommended.
Lots of silk and a few other handcrafted items. Very nicely organized but prices are on the expensive side. Ten years ago I paid 1/10 the price for the same kind of silk. I hope that the people are making the profit and not that they are just trying to rip off tourists. A nice woven piece of silk will cost approx $100.
Great custom order - they had just what I wanted. Great service and quick shipping. Rings are beautiful. Don't hesistate to contact store owner to see what they have available in stock.
Awesome scarf - marvellous, elegant colour; exquisite workmanship - I'm more than happy with it. And good communication, kind service - thank you, thank you!